5 Tips For Living A Kick-Ass Life From Mark Twain
1. "Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
Basically, your greatest limitation is your mind. We worry about our self image and what others will think of us if we're tall, if we're fat, if we wear that outfit; but none of that really matters. All that matters is what you think.
2. "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing. Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand."
In other words, lighten up. You can turn pretty much any situation into something funny, no matter how negative it is.
3. “Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.”
Anger is pointless. Holding on to anger is even worse. If you're angry at someone, recognize that you're really just hurting yourself.
4. “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”
I'll let Kevin Spacey sum it up for you:
5. “A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.”
Remember, if you're doing something different, don't expect everyone to be on board with you right away. It's okay that some will react negatively to what you're doing. Hear what they have to say, ask yourself if it can help you, and if it can, embrace it! If it doesn't, let it go.