20 Signs You’re Not Shy – You’re An Introvert
This article may contain affiliate links, learn more.
Introversion is one of the most talked about yet least understood of all types of people. It’s possible to by a shy extrovert and an outgoing introvert. The message is a bit muddied and sometimes hard to understand. So what is it?
Introversion is classified as a central dimension of human personality. It was popularized by Carl Jung. There are different types of introversion but they’re largely birds of a feather.
There are social introverts, anxious introverts, restrained introverts, and thinking introverts. You can likely glean what each of them means based on their names.
These are 20 signs you’re not shy, but rather, an introvert.
- You’re a loyal friend, but not to too many people.
- You’re kind of enigmatic, even among people who love you.
- You’re a great decision maker.
- You have the best judge of character.
- You’re an effective worker, seeing to work instead of talk.
- You express yourself better in writing.
- You guard your personal space like an eagle guarding her nest.
- Your friend group is small and tight.
- You don’t trust anyone.
- You don’t get bored often.
- You enjoy your alone time but still like to get out sometimes.
- You can come off as being kind of flirty.
- You’re a slow arguer, often thinking before speaking.
- You’re introspective.
- You’re a deep listener.
- You’re creative.
- You open your heart only to a select few.
- You’re mindful of your surroundings.
- You enjoy people, but in small doses.
- You aren’t anti-social, but you’re selective about who you spend time with.
Does this sound like you?
Higher Perspectives Author is one of the authors writing for Higher Perspectives