10 quotes from the Dalai Lama that will change the way you think about life
The current Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, is the 14th successor in a line of tulkus who are incarnations of Avalokitesara, the Bodhisattva of Compassion.
The 14th Dalai Lama is a light-hearted, pleasant man who has captured the hearts and minds of millions of people all over the world, Buddhist and not.
Tenzin Gyatso came from humble beginnings having been born on a straw mat in a cowshed to a farmer's family in a very remote region of Tibet.
Six years ago, I had to opportunity of hearing him speak in norther India. The Dalai Lama has a very unique presence to be around.
In 2013, he was polled as being the most popular world leader. He was formally enthroned on November 17th, 1950. His words have captured our attention for decades.
These are some of our favorite Dalai Lama quotes!
Photo Credit: vipflash / Shutterstock.com
1. The ultimate source of my mental happiness is my peace of mind. Nothing can destroy this except my own anger.
2. Only an enemy gives us the opportunity to practice patience.
3. There are always extremes, but the middle is the proper way.
4. Much depends on our own attitude.
5. Good conduct is the way in which life becomes more meaningful, more constructive, and more peaceful.
Photo Credit: ANDREA DELBO / Shutterstock.com
6. Some suffering can be a good lesson for life.
7. Compassion is the most wonderful and precious thing.
8. The only option is to live and work together harmoniously and keep in our minds the interest of the whole of humanity. That is the only outlook and way we must adopt for our survival.
9. True friendship develops on the basis of human affection, not money or power.
10. I consider hatred to be the ultimate enemy.
If you found this article inspiring, please remember to SHARE it with your family and friends on Facebook today!