10 Famous And Enlightening Dalai Lama Quotes
The current Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, is the 14th successor in a line of tulkus who are incarnations of Avalokitesara, the Bodhisattva of Compassion.
The 14th Dalai Lama is a light-hearted, pleasant man who has captured the hearts and minds of millions of people all over the world, Buddhist and not.
Tenzin Gyatso came from humble beginnings having been born on a straw mat in a cowshed to a farmer’s family in a very remote region of Tibet.
Six years ago, I had to opportunity of hearing him speak in norther India. The Dalai Lama has a very unique presence to be around.
In 2013, he was polled as being the most popular world leader. He was formally enthroned on November 17th, 1950. His words have captured our attention for decades.
These are some of our favorite Dalai Lama quotes!
1. The ultimate source of my mental happiness is my peace of mind. Nothing can destroy this except my own anger.
2. Only an enemy gives us the opportunity to practice patience.
3. There are always extremes, but the middle is the proper way.
4. Much depends on our own attitude.
5. Good conduct is the way in which life becomes more meaningful, more constructive, and more peaceful.
6. Some suffering can be a good lesson for life.
7. Compassion is the most wonderful and precious thing.
8. The only option is to live and work together harmoniously and keep in our minds the interest of the whole of humanity. That is the only outlook and way we must adopt for our survival.
9. True friendship develops on the basis of human affection, not money or power.
10. I consider hatred to be the ultimate enemy.
Are you still searching for your life purpose? You won’t believe what the science of Numerology can reveal about you!
That’s right, the numerology of your birth date, regardless of what month you were born, can reveal surprising information about your personality.
Unlock the messages hidden in your Personality Code now with your free personalized video report!
Click HERE to learn what Numerology says about your life using only your Name and Birth Date.
If you found this article interesting or entertaining, please remember to SHARE the content with your family and friends on Facebook!
Higher Perspectives Author is one of the authors writing for Higher Perspectives