I think just about all of us have found ourselves seriously interested in someone who just can’t help but play hard to get. They act like they want you, they give you hope, but they also cancel their dates and “forget” to call you back.
These are 6 reasons you should just stop pursuing people who play hard to get.
- You just fall flat on your face going after them. Sometimes the people you’re really interested in will dangle strings that you’ll insatiably grab at, but you’ll always find yourself empty handed. Seeing their name light up on your phone will make your heart skip, but they don’t crave you like you crave them.
- There’s probably just a disconnect there. If you’re really interested in them but they’re keeping their cards closer to their chest and playing hard to get, it means there’s probably a major difference between what the both of you want.
- Sometimes these people tease you with complements. They might say how good you look today, but they’re just manipulating you. They know you want them and they know just what they mean to you.
- You deserve someone who makes you the priority. At the end of the day, a guy or gal playing hard to get means that you aren’t a top priority for them, or even anywhere near the top. It should serve as an early red flag. What happens if you did end up together? Would you still be a low priority?
- You can’t control how you feel, but you can control what you do. And what you should do is find someone who truly wants to be with you. Plenty of fish in the sea, right?
- People aren’t going to change for you. And you shouldn’t expect them to. As much as we’d like them to, it’s not realistic. Even when you do find a serious partner, you shouldn’t clamor for them to change who they are and what they want for themselves just for you.