22 Ageless Life Lessons Everyone Can Learn From Aristotle
When you see the names Aristotle, Socrates, and Plato, what's the first thing that comes to mind? Probably just a bunch of old dudes who don't really have any bearing in your life.
You've probably asked yourself, "what can I really learn from someone who lived 2,300 years ago?"
In all honesty, the life lessons from these great men are timeless. They apply to our everyday lives in way most people don't even comprehend. These men were some of the most wisest men to walk the Earth.
Below you will find 22 ageless life lessons everyone can learn from Aristotle... don't forget to read some life changing lessons from Socrates as well!
1. “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom."
2. “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
3. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."
4. “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."
5. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."
6. “To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing."
7. “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives – choice, not chance, determines your destiny."
8. “The wise man does not expose himself needlessly to danger, since there are few things for which he cares sufficiently; but he is willing, in great crises, to give even his life – knowing that under certain conditions it is not worthwhile to live."
9. “There is no great genius without a mixture of madness."
10. “The young are permanently in a state resembling intoxication."
11. “We become just by performing just action, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave action."
12. “The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal."
13. “Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach."
14. “To run away from trouble is a form of cowardice and, while it is true that the suicide braves death, he does it not for some noble object but to escape some ill."
15. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
16. “We must no more ask whether the soul and body are one than ask whether the wax and the figure impressed on it are one."
17. “We praise a man who feels angry on the right grounds and against the right persons and also in the right manner at the right moment and for the right length of time."
18. “You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor."
19. “Youth is easily deceived because it is quick to hope."
20. “What it lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not to do."
21. “Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a god."
22. “Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods."
If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE it with your family and friends on Facebook!