Motivating yourself is one of the most tasking things sometimes, especially when you are not in the right state of mind. Motivation is something that we must summon deep within ourselves to maintain this drive to begin and finish something with efficiency as well as accuracy. However, there are many struggles that come with mustering this motivation first.
You are definitely not alone in this struggle. More often than not, people who do not have the motivation to do anything should ask themselves these questions every time they feel depleted of motivation:
- Do I care about what others think of me?
- Do I not have anymore physical energy?
- Do I take risks through self-medicating?
- Do I feel like I have no control or am I powerless?
- Am I having troubles digesting my food lately?
- Is there something my gut is trying to tell me something that’s wrong?
These are all valid questions you can ask yourself when you cannot manage to motivate yourself. They may seem like strange questions to ask yourself, however, you could find the answer for why you do not have any motivation at all. There is something deep inside you that is making you not want to do anything. Here is how you can unblock some of the answers to these questions:
- What is hurting me so much that I cannot be motivated?
- Say the problem out loud.
- What is the change in your life that you want so desperately?
- Why have you not become the change you desire?
- Why haven’t you decided to act on this change?
- Will you ever be that change in your life you seek so willingly?
- Why not be that change right now in your life?
- Are there any other excuses you use that hold you back?
These questions are very real and should be taken seriously. If you have no more motivation for any of the people or things around you, you are going to have to dig deep within yourself to find the answers to these questions. Once you have found the main reason why you can no longer be motivated, work hard on those flaws. Become the change that you want so badly in your life. Vision yourself being happier that you had become that change and what life will look like afterwards once you have done so.
Another important thing to remember is that at some point in your life, if the reason for your lack of motivation is fear, then you will have to be brave and face some of your fears until you no longer are afraid of whatever it is that’s holding you back from succeeding. Perhaps you are afraid of failure or success itself and would rather stay right where you are instead of progressing forward. Banish this fear from yourself, from failure you learn how to improve on yourself, from success you learn what worked and why it worked. Life is a never ending test, you are going to need motivation to tackle it head on!
Higher Perspectives Author is one of the authors writing for Higher Perspectives