Rumi is a world renowned Persian poet. Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi was also an Islamic Dervish and a Sufi mystic.
His writings are filled with profound wisdom and can be educational for people of all backgrounds. In the article below, we have compiled a list of 30 quotes from this incredible human being.
Let your mind be opened by through his writings and let his positivity bless your day!
1. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
2. “Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.”
3. “What you seek is seeking you.”
4. “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.”
5. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
6. “You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?”
7. “Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made for the eye of one who sees.”
8. “Why should I be unhappy? Every parcel of my being is in full bloom.”
9. “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
10. “Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.”
11. “There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. You feel it, don’t you?”
12. “Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.”
13. “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.”
14. “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.”
15. “I know you’re tired but come, this is the way.”
16. “The wound is the place where the light enters you.”
17. “Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.”
18. “Reason is powerless in the expression of love.”
19. “You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.”
20. “These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them.”
21. “Your heart is the size of an ocean. Go find yourself in its hidden depths.”
22. “I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think.”
23. “Be empty of worrying. Think of who created thought.”
24. “The lion is most handsome when looking for food.”
25. “Don’t you know yet? It is your light that lights the worlds.”
26. “Love is the bridge between you and everything.”
27. “To praise the sun is to praise your own eyes.”
28. “Dance until you shatter yourself.”
29. “Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?”
30. “As you start to walk on the way, the way appears.”
Inspiring words like these can bring a new light into our day. Take in their lessons and apply them to your life. You’ll be surprised by what changes.
If you enjoyed these quotes, please remember to SHARE this article with your family and friends on Facebook!
Higher Perspectives Author is one of the authors writing for Higher Perspectives