Having arguments with your partner is not the best thing in the world. I’m pretty sure that we would all love an easier way we can approach them, come to a resolution, and go back to loving each other again without feeling like we just got done kicking and screaming.
Essentially, it all boils down to taking a deep breath, carefully thinking about what you want to say, and then confronting your partner with the hope that you’ll both come to an understanding with one another. Love is a complex emotion, so it’s okay that you two have fights. However, it’s important that you both create a solution together.
Come to Terms with These Aspects of Conflict:
For you two to truly understand each other, you are both going to need to follow these tips for for conflict resolution. It’s hard, in a heated fight, to avoid the urge to act in negative ways. Try to:
- Listen to each other
- Give each other turns to speak their mind
- Focus on today instead of the past
- Think of your partner’s needs over your own needs
- Never threaten with a divorce
- Never act with violence or threatening them with violence
- Control the volume of your voices, no yelling
- Never blame each other
- Never call each other names, belittle, or degrade
Before you begin any kind of confrontation, it’s important you stay relaxed and really focused on the key issues that you would like to address. Stay as civil as you possibly can be.